As suggested by Corrie in my previous lesson, I should use a morph/warp effect between transitions as the plant grows instead of the cross dissolve effect I had previously planned on using.
After some research and a couple of tutorials i started to attempt to do this, it did mean backtracking from the progress i had made and taking my images back into Photoshop in order to start from scratch, this was a fairly lengthy process and took the old fashioned technique of trial and error, but I got there in the end.
Here are three tutorials I watched which set me on my way…
The rendered video did not work as well as I had hoped, there is still a lot of work to be done.
I will update this post with any other methods that i try.